Beach House: "Zebra" on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon
by josh keller · Published · Updated
Beach House performing the lead track “Zebra” from their outstanding new album Teen Dream, out now.
Things to do today
June 18, 2006 OUTDOORS * KANAWHA TRAIL CLUB: 1:30 p.m. A carpool meets across from the post office at Ohio and Randolph streets on Charleston’s West Side for a hike at Kanawha State Forest – Snipe, Mossy Rock and Alligator trails. Call 342-1040.
MUSIC * KANAWHA TRADITION: 2 p.m. Free (tickets required). Tamarack, exit 45 of Interstate 77, Beckley. Visit www.tamarackwv.com or call (88) TAMARACK.
* KANAWHA VALLEY COMMUNITY BAND: 2 p.m. Free. A concert to celebrate West Virginia Day. Kanawha State Forest swimming pool area. Call 925-2771.
* GOSPEL SING with AARON GRATE, MERCY, TOGETHER FOR CHRIST and EVELYN ROUSH FAMILY: 2 to 6:30 p.m. Free. Part of the Mason 150th birthday celebration. Mason Town Park. Call 675-6788.
* LADY D, DJ MECHANICAL RENEGADE, BECKLEY IDOL WINNERS and more: 2 to 7 p.m. $1 parking fee. Fathers receive a special gift. New River Park, Beckley. Call 252-7430. web site brier creek movies
* PIANAFIDDLE: 3 p.m. Adults $10, $15; students $5. Banjo player Richard Hefner and the Black Mountain Bluegrass Boys also perform. Carnegie Hall, 105 Church St., Lewisburg. Call 645-7917.
* SLICK STUFF, ANDREW IAFRATE, BUFFALO SOLDIERS and RYAN PERRY: 6:30 p.m. Tickets $5. HYAMP, 2001R Seventh Ave., Huntington. Visit www.hyamp.org.
* BUFFALO CREEK MOVIES: 7 p.m. Free. Mimi Pickering screens her films “The Buffalo Creek Flood: An Act of Man” and “Buffalo Creek Revisited.” Cabell County Public Library, Huntington. Call 528-5700. here brier creek movies
* SPRING WINE FESTIVAL: Noon to 6 p.m. Admission $10. Includes wine tastings from five state wineries, music by the Dixieland Musicians, local cuisine and crafters. Daniel Vineyards, Crab Orchard. Call 252-9750.
* AMERICAN REVOLUTION ENCAMPMENT: Noon to 5:30 p.m. Adults $8, children $7. Activities include music, and artillery demonstrations, public scenarios, clothing and uniform displays and camp-field kitchens. Blennerhassett Island, Parkersburg. Call 420-4800.
* AVAMPATO DISCOVERY MUSEUM: “Alaska” large-format film, 1, 3 and 4 p.m.; planetarium show, noon and 2 p.m.; “Science Kaleidoscope,” 1, 2 and 3 p.m. Call 561-3575 or visit www.avampatodiscoverymuseum .org.
Writer / co-founder