High Five with Slim Twig + stream new DFA released LP (Show Saturday)
Slim Twig, the Toronto based songwriter/producer, recently released his fifth album Thank You For Stickin’ With Twig on DFA Records. He is bringing a full band out on tour in support of his new album, and they will be making a stop at the Amsterdam Bar in St. Paul this Saturday evening. To sample his latest work, you can stream and buy the record HERE. The man known to his mother as Mr. Twig was kind enough to take part in the High Five with Reviler, which you can dive into below.
1. If you were going on a cross country road trip and could bring a long any three people in the world, who would they be and why?
I’d have Cormac McCarthy do a live reading of his border trilogy in the back seat. Phil & Don Everly could harmonize back there too. Music & words, it’s all I need.
2. What is one album that you feel has changed your life and how?
Edan’s Beauty & The Beat album has been something that has stayed with me for years and years. It’s one of few albums I consider to be an aesthetic masterpiece. A fusion of wonderful and disparate elements, combined in complete harmony. It helped guide me onto some crucial paths as a youth. It taught me a lot about musical alchemy, and the idea of creating music through the prism of your passion for it’s history.
3. Who are a band that you feel should get more recognition that they do, and why?
Danava are pretty much the greatest rock n’ roll band in the world right now. You don’t hear people say that often enough.
4. What is your favorite live music memory (performing or attending)?
Doing the U.S. Girls live band at the Danforth Music Hall in Toronto. Big gig at home. I was shreddin that guitar all over the place.
5. Finish this sentence: “Minneapolis/St. Paul is a great place to….
Never having visited, my honest answer has to be: ‘Explore’. Looking forward to doing just that Saturday night.
Purchase Thanks For Stickin’ With Twig from Amazon