Best of 2022.5: Adam J
The year is over half-over! Join Reviler contributors as they take stock of their favorite music produced thus far!
Note from Adam: For once I’m too busy to expound upon my thoughts on each of these fabulous releases from
the first half of 2022, so I’ve gone and put them in order by merit, in my own opinion. Hear ye!
- Orville Peck – Bronco (Columbia Records)
- Kendrick Lamar – Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers (pgLang/Aftermath/Interscope
- Joel Ross – The Parable Of The Poet (Blue Note Records)
- Black Country, New Road – Ants From Up There (Ninja Tune)
- Corpsegrinder – s/t (Perseverance Media Group)
- Petrol Girls – Baby (Hassle Records)
- Raw Poetic, Damu The Fudgemunk – Laminated Skies (Def Pressé)
- Foxes – The Kick ([PIAS] Recordings)
- Ekulu – Unscrew My Head (Cash Only Records)
- High Pulp – Pursuit Of Ends (Anti)
- Scrunchies – Feral Coast (Dirtnap Records)
- Time Room – Something New
- Loser Magnet – Empty Year (EP) (Cell Records)
- Green/Blue – Paper Thin (Feel It Records)
- Catbath – Invisible Racer
- Hyooman – Pilot
- Orville Peck at First Avenue, June 4, 2022 – I saw Orville Peck with a friend at First Avenue. When Oraville runs for president he has my vote.
- Cannibal Corpse at Skyway Theatre, March 2, 2022 – I saw Cannibal Corpse by myself at the Skyway Theatre on Ash Wednesday. Revocation were very good; Cannibal Corpse were awesome. Corpsegrinder can still shred his vocals like his guitarists shred their fretboards.
Writer / co-founder