The High Five With Diego Garcia
Diego Garcia is a Detroit born artist of Argentinean heritage that crafts acoustic-led melancholy pop folk. His solo debut Laura came out earlier this year. Garcia will be performing at the 7th St. Entry on December 13th. Tickets here.
1. If you were going on a cross country road trip and could bring a long any three people in the world, who would they be and why?
That would have to my 3 girls: wife Laura, my baby Georgiana, and my dog Alaia.
2. What is one album that you feel has changed your life and how?
Oof, so many really. Ummm… Leonard Cohen’s “Songs of Leonard Cohen” is the first one to come to mind. The melodies, lyrics, and his voice make this a classic. In my opinion, the responsibility of any real artist to is work with that in mind.
3. Who are a band that you feel should get more recognition that they do, and why?
I’m a really HUGE fan of The Kinks… they seem to live in the shadow of the Beatles and Stones..
4. What is your favorite live music memory (performing or attending)?
Seeing “At the Drive In” play one of their last nyc shows before they broke up was mind blowing.
5. Finish this sentence: “Minneapolis is a great place to…”
“See Diego Garcia”
Diego Garcia: Site